Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Poem Writing Activity

I love to write poems, yun nga lang wala na kong time para magsulat pa. I could still remember the day when I wrote my latest poem, that's almost a year ago. I was at the hospital looking over my sick grandma. It's about how gloomy that room was. Nasa ward kasi ang lola ko nun so I can see other patients with their relatives. One of the patients was about to die kaya medyo may iyakan.

Today I was able to write another poem together with my grade 4 class. Nasa poem writing na kasi kami and it was fun! :D We wrote a poem together using a guide found in their textbook. I was writing my poem on the board while they write theirs on a piece of paper. Here's my composition:

"I am"
I am an imaginative and creative girl
I wonder how eagles fly above the storm
I hear them chirping
I see their wings wide open
I want to fly high like eagles
I am an imaginative and creative girl

I pretend that I'm flying

I feel the strong winds against my wings
I touch the heavy clouds
I worry that I will not able to face the strong winds
I cry thinking that I will not make it through the storm
I am and imaginative and creative girl

I understand that God is with me

I say I will make it because I have Him
I dream to see myself flying over the dark clouds
I try to fly higher than ever
I hope to have stronger wings and deeper faith to persevere
I am an imaginative and creative girl.

Nakakatuwa lang, kahit sa simpleng tula I was able to share God's goodness to my students! You're so good Lord!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Nice, nice. Very child-like the way it touched my heart. ^_^

God bless you more Titser Khen! =D

KheN said...

Hi ann... nakakatuwa nga eh. lumabas din ung creativity ng mga bata, ung laman ng imagination nila. May nagsulat about gadgets, car racing, etc.

titser...titser... hahaha!

++iMhari09++ said...

.. ate .. mind if i p0st ur p0em sa literary w0rks sa skul papaer nmn ..??^^ hihi .. iL show u da paper after we hav d0ne doing it ..^^ miss u ate .. xnxa na kung di ako nkkpgpraktis .. hai .. bawi ako !! pramis! luv yah!

KheN said...

hi sean! musta? cge ok lang... thanks for considering my work. excited na akong makita ung finish product..hehe.

Aus lang, i miss you so much! I hope makapag-usap tayo soon. Lav yah too! God bless!