Thursday, May 1, 2008

April Happenings

After several weeks, I had the chance to update my blog. (Hirap pala `pag walang sariling computer and internet connection. I want to have a set of computer...hindi lang naman for blogging.)

Below is a summary of what transpired for the past few weeks.

April 10: ANOTHER SISTER IN CHRIST
I went to Manila to submit my application requirements to La Salle University-Taft. I`m applying for graduate studies major in Marketing Communication. Nakakatuwa nga ang leading ni Lord sa course na dapat kong kunin. I was supposed to take up Applied Media Studies but when I submitted my requirements, `di pala nila ino-offer ang course for this coming school year. Sabi ng staff pumili na lang daw ako ng iba. I was a bit pressured kasi I need to decide on the course right away because that was the last day of application for graduate studies. I scanned the list of courses offered and I noticed that Marketing Communication will be more useful. Haha! Thank You Lord for leading me!

I rode a bus back to Dasmarinas and sat beside a woman who was going to Batangas. She`s Nanay Teresita, with two sons and one daughter. She`s leaving for Japan in few days.We had a good conversation and I had the chance to share God`s love to her. I was glad to know that she`s a Christian too! She gave me this pony (pang-ipit sa buhok), natuwa siguro :)


April 15: BONDING MOMENTS
Sa La Salle Dasma naman ang aking tungo para asikasuhin ang aking credentials. After that, nagkita kami ni Charm sa SM, lakad dito, lakad doon... We stayed for more than an hour at the Food Court, nakaupo lang at text ng text! hahaha! Parang naghanap lang ng ibang ambiance para magtext! haha! I waited for my sister and mom kaya nagstay kami dun ng matagal. Si Kua Pob dun dumiretso after work para mag-withdraw... sweldo!!! Of course `di na sya nakahindi na i-treat kami. We had dinner at Chowking... natuwa din ako sa item na `to...

lalagyan ng toothpick :)

April 17: TEST TO THE MAX!
La Salle Taft- I took my entrance exam at 1:30 pm. Ok naman ang Verbal Test (English, written) at Quantitative Exam (more on Algebra, pero in fairness nakalimutan ko na ito ha... 1st year college ang huli kong subject na may math eh!). However, nosebleed naman `pag dating sa essay part na 1 and 1/2 hour ang itinagal. My chosen topic was `The Filipino Youth Today.` Di ganon kadali dahil may format na kailangang sundin, it`s a Problem-Solution Essay.

After taking the exam, balik Dasma and had a practice for Sunday Praise & Worship. :)

April 20: SACRIFICE OF PRAISE
Whole day ang team (Tehillah) sa Church... 6 services ito kaya nakakapagod pero nakakatuwa because God is extending our limitations! After ng sayaw, ito ang kinahinatnan ng mga tuhod ko...


Pero I had no regrets. I`m blessed to be used by a Mighty God! Ito ang sayaw namin that caused pain to my knees and to my heart... `Give Us Clean Hands`

...pain to my knees kasi may step na biglang luluhod at the same time pain to my heart because God is at work! "Lord, give me clean hands and a pure heart," this was my week-long prayer. And God is exposing the impurities of my heart (pati kabulukan ng attitude ko) of course, it`s painful. Thank You so much Lord for working in me.

April 22: A REWARD!
Manila again...I went to NSO to get my mom`s b
irth certificate. Haba ng pila!!!! Buong maghapon akong pinawisan ng matindi dahil sa hirap ng pagpila sa pagscreen ng application at pagclaim ng certificate. It was almost 5:00 pm nung matapos ako. It happened na nagkita kami ng dati kong ka-officemate sa NSO. After that, niyaya nya akong magpa-spa... pinagamit nya sakin ang isa nyang full-body massage gift certificate (worth P580.00). Bawal ang magtake ng pictures kaya kwento ko na lang briefly.
Step 1. Shower
Step 2. Jacuzzi (babad kami dun for 30 mins.)
Step 3. Sauna (steam bath for 3 mins. Supposedly 10-15 mins. kami dun kaso sobrang init, a taste of hell!!!)
Step 4. Shower (ulit)
Step 5. Full body massage (for one hour. Ang galing nung masahista, akalain mong nabuhat kami! Actually pede pang magstay dun sa room at matulog pero dahil gumagabi na, di na kami nagstay pa.)
Step 6. Buffet (To the max na kain naman! Eat all you can, kaso may bayad `pag may natira kaya super limited ang kinuha ko kaso napadami ang kuha ni Irish kaya... Hay, Lord, sorry na.)

Nakakatuwa talaga ang reward ni Lord! Napagod man ako buong maghapon, napawi naman sa masahe! hehehe!

4 comments:

Jez said...

I was blessed with the dance, sis.
I'm also in our church's dance ministry.

KheN said...

Hi Jez, I'm glad to know we're on the same ministry. May I know your church?

Thanks for visiting my blog... I wish to visit your page too :D

giL =P said...

-katuwa naman yung dance.
-kakamiss na kayo. (Last yr na ganito anjan ako eh..haha)
-SPA! wow..d ko pa na-try yan..hehe...

KheN said...

hi te gil! miss ka na rin namin eh, kaya dapat tuloy mo na ang uwi mo this june...hehehe! tapos pa-spa tayo minsan! exciting!!!