Monday, June 16, 2008

Do as What Pleases You

Lord, it's like facing uncertainty...

I don't want to be selfish...

So if this would mean giving up a thing...

I will obey even if it hurts...

I know that I'm a clay in a Potter's hand, and I have no right to quarrel with my Maker (Isaiah 45:9). I know you are shaping me in a way that seems best for You (Jeremiah 18:4) for a noble purpose and not just for common use (Romans 9:21)....

So be it unto me as what pleases You...

Notes:
Jeremiah 18:4 But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to him.

Isaiah 45:9 Woe to him who quarrels with his Maker, to him who is but a potsherd among the potsherds on the ground. Does the clay say to the potter, 'What are you making?' Does your work say, 'He has no hands'?

Romans 9:21 Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for noble purposes and some for common use?

No comments: