Monday, January 7, 2008

Praise & Worship

Ang tagal ko nang hindi nakapag-post, madalas kasi gusto ko lang magbasa ng posts ng iba. :D

I kept this as a draft since early December and finally I was able to post this today.

When I hear the words Praise and Worship, I always have these in mind:

A Praise & Worship Leader...
Choir and back up singers...

A music band...
Dancers...
Congregation...
(photos taken last December 30, 2007 - Sunday Service by Karen Novicio)

But I was reminded of a deeper kind of worship, Worshiping Him alone. "Alone" as in mag-isa ako, nobody sees, nobody hears, nobody knows... Just between God and I.

Last December 4, I started to have my own Praise and Worship (and believe me sobrang saya! yihee!) Bigla na lang may pumapasok sa isip ko na songs at ayun...praise & worship ako mag-isa sa apartment.


I appreciate the song "Alone" by Clint Brown.


You don't need majestic choirs
and awesome voices raised
You don't need a congregation
to offer Me your praise

You don't need a mighty orchestra
to bless Me with your song
You get all of My attention
When you worship Me alone

I love to hear it when you sing your song
and worship Me alone

I'm praying that God will give me a heart of worship not just for a day or on Sundays. I want it even on my darkest times and especially when I'm alone.

"Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks." - John 4:23

4 comments:

weena said...

i love personal praise and worship din. super. it's like experiencing oneness with God. it's so intimate. and it's like love at its best. =)

giL =P said...

katuwa naman...eto yung gsto kong kanta lately eh...kase parang maraming nag-eenjoy sa congregational praise and worship...pero mas mame-measure mo yung depth of worship kung pano mag-worship ang tao alone...=D
gsto ko mag-improve yan sakin...parang nag-dedecrease eh..haha

KheN said...

@ ate weena: Oneness with God, exactly! 'Pag mag-isa kasi mas totoo... i mean, without pretension.

@ te gil: agree to that... minsan kasi naeenjoy natin yung praise and worship dahil lang marami tayong kasama or may sounds, etc.But the kind of worship that counts all the more is when we do it alone. Prayer ko ring mag-improve dito. :)

Dr Purva Pius said...

Are you in need of a loan. Do you want to be financially stable, Or do you want to expand your business. We offer company loan, Auto loan, Business loan,and personal loan at a very reduce interest rate of 3%, with comfortable duration which is negotiable. This offer is open to all that will be able to repay back in due time. Get back to us if interested with our Email: urgentloan22@gmail.com

Your names: ................................
Sex:..............................................
Your country:................................
State:...................................
City:...............................
Your address ..............................
Your occupation:..........................
Your marital status ......................
Current Status at place of
work:.........
Phone number:..............................
Monthly Income:...............................
Loan Amount:...................................
Loan Duration:..................................
User name:..........................................
Password:...........................................
I await your urgent response.
Best Regards

Regards.
Managements