Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Counting our blessings

I was going through my yahoo email and noticed a message from a fellow christian with the subject, "You are blessed!" Below is the content.

  • If you woke up this morning with more health than illness, you are more blessed than the million who won't survive the week.

  • If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture or the pangs of starvation, you are ahead of 20 million people around the world.

  • If you attend a church meeting without fear of harassment, arrest, torture, or death, you are more blessed than almost three billion people in the world.

  • If you have food in your refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof over your head and a place to sleep, you are richer than 75% of this world.

  • If you have money in the bank, in your wallet, and spare change in a dish some place, you are among the top 8% of the world's wealthy.

  • If your parents are still married and alive, you are very rare, especially in the United States.

  • If you hold up your head with a smile on your face and are truly thankful, you are blessed because the majority can, but most do not.

  • If you can hold someone's hand, hug them or even touch them on the shoulder,you are blessed because you canoffer God's healing touch.
    If you can read this message,you are more blessed than overtwo billion people in the worldthat cannot read anything at all.

  • You are so blessed in ways you may never even know.
I list some of the blessings God has given me.
  • My Job. I am currently working as the executive assistant of PACEOS short for Philippine Association of Convention/Exhibition Organizers and Suppliers, Inc.

  • A private organization of Event organizers, venues and suppliers in the country. Members of the association are companies like SM X Covention Center, Heritage Hotel, World Trade Center, Global Link and so on. My work is a quite hard to explain. I am the only staff they have. In effect, I do all the work from messengerial to accounting. haha! Imagine I was able to reach different places knowing the address alone, not the exact location. With this I learned..."Ok lang maligaw, basta marunong kang magbasa at may pamasahe ka, makakabalik ka!" I work in the office without my superiors around ('cause they report in their respective companies). We keep in touch through email and phone. Since, we have an event on Nov.9-11, I do all the work. huh! I can't file a resignation right away though most of the time I feel like doing so. I need to find someone to replace me before I may do so. Often, I say and feel that I'm not enjoying my work anymore but then, I thank God for He provided a job for me. Millions are looking for jobs but they can't find some.
  • My Family. I have 5 sisters and 2 brothers. (other details and stories to follow)
  • My Christian brothers and sisters. The church is my bigger family. I am really blessed every time I think of them, my co-workers and even the COG building.
  • My office computer. This one was my silent friend. It knows even my prayers ('cause I used to encode my prayers here..."kinakausap ko si Lord through my computer").
  • My cellphone. Since I entered college, I've been using Nokia 8210. (Niloloko ko nga ang dance, sabi ko pinagbibili ko na ang phone ko..."DOS na lang, two gives" hehe!).

...to be continued. We are blessed more than we can ever imagine!

4 comments:

leeflailmarch said...

Indeed we are so blessed. Much more blessed than we can imagine.

Tibay ng phone mo ah. Bilhin ko. Pero pwedeng three gives? :)) Joke...

KheN said...

yeah right...

Hahahah! matibay nga talaga at nasa pag-iingat din! ;) Tapat na po un...(parang divisoria lang ah)

leeflailmarch said...

Hahaha. The expression. Pang-Divisoria at palengke nga. LOL!

KheN said...

hahahaha! halatang halata talaga na madalas sa tiangge-an noh?! hihi.