- posting from Word 4U Today -
- Deuteronomy 8:18: "But remember the Lord your God, for it is He who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms His covenant, which He swore to your forefathers, as it is today."
Do you want your life to count in God's big plan for the planet?
1. Get seriously creative: When God gives you the ability to succeed, it often begins as an idea. But remember you have to do something with that idea, make a plan, talk to people, get it done! Your idea (or someone else's) might come from God. Stop and think: if God's a creator and we are made in His likeness, shouldn't we be creative too?
2.Use your gifts: The gift God gave you is your key to success. He didn't give it to you to be wasted on stuff that has no point or purpose or denied out of a false sense of humility. No, He gave it to you to be invested - to be used! Jesus told the story of three guys who were given money to invest. The first two double theirs; the third buried his in the ground because he was afraid of messing it up. Look out! FEAR IS ONE OF YOUR GREATEST ENEMIES. It numbs your spirit and bangs up your creativity. Use what God's given you. Trust God and take some risks.
3. Get on with it! Ok, sometimes it's wise to wait. But a lot of times, being over cautious will just lead to missed opportunities, disappointments and regrets. Your friends and leaders can help you work this out. But if you know in your heart that God has told you do something for Him, if you've got the ideas and the gifts, don't make excuses, get on with it! Make it happen. Seize the day! Grab the 'now' moments of your life - the 'right time' you're waiting for may never arrive.
I also took note of some points from Deuteronomy 8:18.
- Remember God. "But remember the Lord your God..." Don't take God away from the picture.
- Utilize our ability to produce wealth. "...for it is He who gives you the ability to produce wealth..." If God has given us the ability, make use of it!
- Hold on to His promises and claim them. "...and so confirms His covenant..." God confirms His promises, so there's no room for doubt. It's also good to mention God's promises to us when we pray.
- Believe His consistency. "...which He swore to your forefathers, as it is today." God is unchanging. He's the same yesterday, today and forever. If He promised and gave success to our forefathers, He will do the same to us.
I was truly blessed with this. I was praying last night kasi...God did answer my query right away. He said, "Anak, go on! Make it happen! I'm with you all the way."