Thursday, October 25, 2007

Just Love

"There was a man who saw a scorpion floundering around in the water. He decided to save it by stretching out his finger, but the scorpion stung him. The man still tried but the scorpion stung him again. Another man nearby told him to stop saving the scorpion. But the man said, 'It is the nature of the scorpion to sting. It is my nature to love. Why should I give up my nature to love just because it is the nature of the scorpion to sting?' - Don't give up caring, don't give up your goodness, even when everyone around you stings."

I got this text message from Kua Nad and Charm, my co-leaders in the ministry. I deleted the message when I received it from Kua Nad. Few days later, the same message was sent to me by Charm. God might have something say...

I have a friend, a very close friend. We treat each other as real sisters. Though we are separated by distance ('cause she works in Dasma and I, here in Manila and stays here during weekdays), we're able to keep the connection through text and chat. Sometimes, we meet during weekends.

All of a sudden, everything has changed. For the past two weeks, I received no text or phone call from her. I sent messages to her but have received no response. When I saw her somewhere in Dasma (and I knew she saw me too), it seemed that I was a stranger, deadma ba! It's very obvious that she's avoiding me. I didn't know exactly why.

I've been praying about this for several days and I'm really crying out to God. Sobrang hindi ako sanay sa ganong set-up since I treat her as akin. Like with my sisters, 'pag may galit sakin, umiiyak din ako. But then, I'm acting as if nothing happens. I'm texting her, sending her quotes and bible verses, greeting her good morning and so on.

Finally, last night she replied on my text message and said, "Ok lang..." (kinumusta ko kasi). I'm trying to establish a good conversation but she didn't cooperate. Ang sagot nya lang lagi, "Ewan ko sayo...," "Bahala ka..."

That caused so much pain to me...(along with other hang ups) until I said, "Lord, suko na ko!" If she wants it this way then, fine with me! I want to shift my attention to other things. But the Holy Spirit is saying in a soft voice, "Just Love" and a follow through, "You're not designed to be rude. Repay evil with good."

I've learned so much from this circumstance. God taught me to...
...have patience.
...understand.
...keep my eyes on Him.
...pray and be honest before Him.
...trust Him more when it comes to relationships.
...entrust myself not to anyone else except from God (John 2:24-25)
...consider Him as my one and only true friend.
...love.

When people avoid you, just love.
When people leave you, just love.
When people malign you, just love.
When people misjudge you, just love.
When people hurt you, just love.
Just love...
...just love them like Jesus.

3 comments:

leeflailmarch said...

I got the same message from Kuya Nad. Pero putol. Dulo lang nabasa ko. Buti you posted it here. 'Yun pala 'yun.

I was thinking of a spiritual brother while reading this. Aww. Sana 'wag kami maging ganun.

Well, medyo nakakainis 'yung ganun sa text, 'no? 'Yung ayaw magpakita ng effort or interest na gusto niya ipagpatuloy ang usapan. Nakaka-frustrate.

Sa situation na 'yan, tama nga na "just love them like Jesus does" na attitude. And still praying for the person without ceasing. But (just a thought) you should give room for the possibility na wini-wean na kayo ni Lord sa isa't isa and maybe later on paglalayuin na kayo. Kasi our earthly relationships aren't permanent eh, just like every other earthly thing is too. Only God knows His plan for you and her. Pero establish communication pa rin sa kanya. Baka kailangan nga lang talagang pagpasensiyahan... :) Be still and take heart!

KheN said...

Myk, si Crish ba tinutukoy mo? hehe...(Nangi-alam?)

Thanks for the encouragement. I was reminded that indeed, all things in this world are not permanent...even relationships. Maybe one reason is that people are changing. Ngayon ok, bukas hindi (parang ganon). Ergo, we should fix our eyes to Jesus. He's the only One who's unchanging.

leeflailmarch said...

Yeah, Chrish. :D

Sobrang we really just need to fix our eyes on Him kasi madedevastate lang talaga tayo 'pag sa earthly things tayo naka-focus tapos biglang kinuha ni Lord 'yun from us...