Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Patience

I'm reading the book by Oswald Sanders, "Spiritual Leadership." From chapters 1-8, the author tells about the qualities of a leader. One of such is having patience and this is how Sanders defines the term.

Patience
- it is victorious endurance and constancy under trial
- a courageous and triumphant ability to bear things

With the abovementioned definitions, I tried to assess myself. I must admit I fall short.

It is not:
- being half asleep
- ignoring things

I also agree when Sanders said, "Patience meets its most difficult test in personal relationships."

Point to ponder:
"The evidence of our strength lies not in the distance that separates us from other runners, but in our closure with them, our slower pace for their sakes, our helping them pick it up and cross the line"

"We who are strong ought to bear with the failings of the weak and not to please ourselves."
- Romans 1:15

4 comments:

leeflailmarch said...

Hindi ko pa rin tapos basahin 'yang book na 'yan now. Nabasa ko na 'yang part na 'yan but I guess I need a refresher. :D

KheN said...

Hay myk,sa totoo lang, si kalimot din ako...tipong nabasa ko na pero after few weeks makakalimutan ko na. That's why sinisimulan ko ulit basahin ang book from the beginning pag hindi ko sya natapos. Isa pa, I take down notes..hehe!

leeflailmarch said...

Good for you. Ako I'm trying to get back into that habit of taking down notes pa eh. Natutuwa ako sa WORD 4U TODAY kasi may seven-day devotional series dun all about quiet time with God. Nakaka-bless lang 'yung mga tips and reminders and 'yung empowerment from the Word. La lang. Share ko lang.

KheN said...

yah. nagamit ko rin minsan ung Word 4U today, I replicated it and distributed to my members (dance). For one week, we had the same devotion! ang saya talaga...

Sabi ko nga kay Ate Weena gusto ko rin ng copy. hehe!