Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Rich Generousity

I want to quote this one from Pastor Anthony's sermon last Sunday.

God created the sun, it gives...
God created the moon, it gives...
God created the ocean, it gives...
God created the earth, it gives...
God created man...

Rich generousity is best defined in the Bible:

2 Corinthians 8:3-4
"For I testify that they gave as much as they were able (not bound by the law and not limited with tithes), and even beyond their ability (work diligently to give more). Entirely on their own (from their own pockets), they urgently pleaded with us for the privilege of sharing (looks for the opportunity to give) in this service to the saints."

God is really testing me in terms of giving. He definitely does not need my money but rather wants me to be free from the love of it and to trust Him.

6 comments:

leeflailmarch said...

Those last few lines from Pastor Anthony's sermon last Sunday also struck me deep. All God's creation gives and fulfills their purpose by giving glory to God, pero how about us? Ayun... And He spoke to me through that sermon regarding my current decision point. ;) You may have read it already sa blog ko though...

forevergrateful said...

pambihira khen..yan din ung mga lines dat hav moved me deeply..
thanks khen 4ur prayers &4 always being der 4me, not just as co-leader, but as a friend..

love u dear ate khen! =p

P.S.:
nkktuwa ka, lging nkahyperlink ung name u sa cbox..nlalagyan u kc cguro lgi ng URL..&dat is good.. =p
gwin ko un pag may new posts me

forevergrateful said...

testing lng..tingnan ko kun appear pic ko

KheN said...

@ myk: yap, nabasa ko nga. Challenge ito (giving) sa'tin... Thanks! :)

@ mitch: Welcome mitz.. hehe!
It's my pleasure to pray for my co-workers and friends. Luv u su much din... ;)

may link na nga ung name mo.hehe!

Bkit nga pla ung skin di ko malagyan ng picture? how sad...yung iyo meron na.

giL =P said...

HAha...now I know where you got all this giving thing..haha

parang hangang d2 nafefeel ko..hehe

KheN said...

haha! te gil may kasunod pa to...